Frequently Asked Questions:
General Camping Questions
Log Cabin Questions
Avonmore River Kayaking Tour Questions
Sally Gap Cycling Tour Questions
- Direction/Area Questions
- 1. Is there public transportation to Rathdrum?
- Yes, both the train and bus serve Rathdrum town. Please see our Contact page and look under bus/train timetables
- 2. Directions to Hidden Valley Park from the train station?
- When you arrive to Rathdrum walk out of the train station and up the hill. When you get to the road turn right down the hill. Walk to the bottom of the hill passing the petrol station on your left. Before you cross the river turn left down the road in front of the large apartment complex and alongside the river. This road will lead you to Hidden Valley Park.
- 3. Is there a local town nearby?
- Yes, Rathdrum town is within walking distance to the park. The town offers restaurants, takeaways, pubs and shops.
- 4. How far is Hidden Valley Park from the ferry ports?
- Dublin Port is approx. 1 hr and 30 min away
- Dun Laoghaire is approx. 1 hr away
- Rosslare is approx. 1 hr and 40 min away
- Please see our Directions page for directions to Hidden Valley Park from these ferry ports.
- General Camping Questions
- 5. Do you have a shop on site?
- We have a takeaway on site. We also sell snacks and drinks from reception. Small camping supplies and gas (medium yellow bottle) are also available from reception.
- 6. Is there security on site?
- Yes, we have security on site. The park has a noise curfew at 11 p.m.
- 7. Do you have a noise curfew?
- Yes, we have a noise curfew at 11 p.m. All children should be in there units by 11 p.m.
- 8. Is there a cost for showers?
- Yes, the showers cost € 1.00 for approx. 7 minutes
- 9. Is there electric hookup for tents?
- Yes, we offer both electric sites and non-electric sites for tents. Electric sites must be pre-booked.
- 10. Are there facilities for children?
- Yes, we have a large outdoor playground, football, volleyball/badminton, rowing boats and kayaks for our onsite lake, swimming, and fishing. We also offer arts/crafts in July and August. Bumper boats and adventure golf will open in summer 2011.
- 11. Do you offer super sites for caravans and motorhomes?
- Yes, all of our pitches are supersites offering electric, water and waste hookup.
- 12. Do you get TV reception?
- Yes, we get TV reception, however non local TV’s may need a connection for the back of their TV to pick up our local frequency.
- Log Cabin Questions
- 1. Is there a microwave?
- No, there is no microwave; however there is a toaster, electric kettle and stove/oven.
- 2. Are pillows and duvets provided?
- Yes, we provide pillows and duvets; however the customer needs to bring their own towels, tea towels, and bed linen (fitted sheet, duvet cover, pillow case). If you need the foldout bed, then you will need to bring your own pillow and sleeping bag for this.
- 3. How many people can sleep in one log cabin?
- Five, there is one double bed, two single beds and one foldout single bed.
- 4. Are there barbeque facilities?
- We do not provide BBQ’s; however you’re welcome to bring your own. We sell disposable BBQ’s from reception. Each cabin has a small deck with table and chairs.
- 5. What is your refund policy?
- In the event of a cancellation, the deposit will be forfeited unless 21 days notice is given. If you need to cancel less than 3 weeks from your date of arrival, then we will give you a 100% refund if we are able to re-rent your log cabin for the full rental period.
- 6. Is there a TV and DVD player?
- Yes, there is both a TV and DVD player.
- Avonmore River Kayaking Tour Questions
- 1. Is there a minimum age for the kayaking tour?
- Yes, the minimum age is 12 years old unless the child is experienced and certified in kayaking
- 2. Is the kayaking suitable for beginners?
- Yes, the kayaking tour is suitable for beginners; however each person must have some prior experience in paddling/turning a kayak. There are some rapids on the river.
- 3. How long does the kayaking tour take?
- The tour could take anywhere from 1 hr and 30 min up to 3 hours depending on the experience of the group.
- 4. Is there a guide?
- Yes there is a guide that will be with you the entire way.
- 5. What do we bring?
- You will need a towel and water shoes or runners (no sandals or shoes that do not tie). You will also need a wetsuit (wetsuits are available for hire).
- Sally Gap Cycling Tour Questions
- 1. Is there a minimum age for the cycling tour?
- The smallest bike we have is size 16, which correlates to an inside leg measurement of 75-78 cm.
- 2. What kind of bike is used?
- We use Trek Mountain bikes in sizes 16 to 22.5 inches.
- 3. How long does the tour take?
- Anywhere from 2 to 6 hours as it’s up to you when you finish the tour.
- 4. Is the cycle good for non-cyclers?
- Yes, the cycle is downhill from the top of Sally Gap to Laragh. From Laragh to Glendalough it’s mostly flat. From Glendalough to Rathdrum it’s hilly (up and down).
- 5. What do we bring?
- Layers of clothing (it will be cool at the top of Sally Gap), appropriate cycling shoes (runners), sunglasses, camera, and possible sunscreen or raincoat depending on the weather.
Call +353 (0)86 7272872 to book now.